Thank you for using Lulu Fanatics! We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, products, comments, likes, the email address or phone number you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using Lulu Fanatics on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. And if you choose to buy something on Lulu Fanatics, you provide us with payment information, contact information (ex., address and phone number), and what you purchased. If you buy something for someone else on Lulu Fanatics, you’d also provide us with their shipping details and contact information.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to Lulu Fanatics, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use Lulu Fanatics, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Lulu Fanatics features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Lulu Fanatics, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Lulu Fanatics on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
3. Our partners and advertisers may share information with us
We may get information about you and your activity off Lulu Fanatics from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with. For example:
- Online advertisers typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
How do we use the information we collect?
>We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Lulu Fanatics and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better. If you make a purchase on Lulu Fanatics, we’ll save your payment information and contact information so that you can use them the next time you want to buy something on Lulu Fanatics.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting products you might like.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like price changes or comments, happens on Lulu Fanatics), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include Pins you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on Lulu Fanatics. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Lulu Fanatics when they first sign up for Lulu Fanatics. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Lulu Fanatics using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
Transferring your information
Lulu Fanatics is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside of your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those in your home country.
How and when do we share information?
Anyone can see the public boards and products you save, and the profile information you give us. We may also make this public information available through what are called “APIs” (basically a technical way to share information quickly). The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your Lulu Fanatics account to those services or publish your activity on Lulu Fanatics to them.
- Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on Lulu Fanatics.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Lulu Fanatics; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. We may share the information described in this Policy with our wholly-owned subsidiaries and affiliates. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
Our policy on children’s information
Lulu Fanatics is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Lulu Fanatics after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.
How can you contact us?
The best way to contact us is through our contact page.
Effective: November 1, 2016